I travel a ton, and I won’t tolerate small seats, bad or no food, and bad service on the airplane. Not all airlines are created equally, and I have give a cheer out to my favorite domestic airline Hawaiian Airlines. Hawaiian is constantly striving to make the customer happy, and it really shows in the details and small stuff that seems to be ever changing for the better.
Why Do I Love Hawaiian Airlines?
1. Complimentary Food. Hawaiian is the only domestic airline to offer complimentary meals on their flights. They are not 5 star gourmet, but with items like pasta, teriyaki chicken, muffins, fresh fruit, and instant spicy ramen (on a Korea flight), these free meals are just enough to relax any cranky traveler. It’s really the thought that counts, and I truly appreciate anything complimentary!
2. Excellent Customer Service. The desk staff, pilots, baggage attendants, and especially the flight attendants are truly some of the nicest people I have ever met. They all work with huge smiles on their faces and really seem genuinely happy to help us. During one of the flights I took, the Hawaiian crew politely cut in front of me in the TSA line. They asked where on the plane I was sitting and gave me a free digi-player to use on the flight for the inconvenience! Now that’s aloha spirit!
3. Local. Local. Local. Hawaiian really focuses on employing local staff, carrying Hawaii brand bottle water and other snacks, serves food inspired by local Hawaii chefs, plays local television programs and movies, and much more. It really keeps me in a good mood listening to Hawaiian music taking off and landing and snacking on yummy dried fruits.
3. Hawaiian Touches in the First Class Cabin like POG juice champagne, Hawaiian quilted blankets, orchid flowers in the bathroom, and chocolate covered ice cream and sorbet desserts. I am very delighted by these little touches!
And just to name a few more things I love…
4. Hawaiian Snack Mix
5. Primo Big Braddah Beer Cans
6. Coconut Soap in the Restrooms
7. Flowers in the Female Flight Attendants Hair
8. Hana Hou In-Flight Magazine
Leave a Reply