Several months ago I discovered one of the best and most useful services on the island, Designated Drivers Hawaii. After using them for the first time during New Year’s Eve I was sold and wrote about it on Aloha Update, Don’t Drink & Drive, Call Designated Drivers Hawaii.
Did you know that over 2,500 people are arrested in Hawaii each year for Driving Under the Influence? Last week, HPD arrested 20 people from the hours of 10:50 pm to 4:30 am! Get you and you car home safe, call Designated Drivers Hawaii!
This is a locally owned company founded and operated by Dane Kimokeo out of Kaneohe. Dane wanted “to provide a safe alternative to drunk driving. A service to prevent accidents that I hope will save lives, careers, and people’s dignity.” Designated Drivers Hawaii is a 24/7 pickup service that will take you and your car home safely anywhere on the island of Oahu.
So Why DDH?
- Unlike taxis and Uber, DDH will pick YOU and YOUR CAR up and get you both home safely.
- The service is available 24/7.
- You can plan and call ahead to schedule your pick up.
- Memberships are available for frequent riders to provide affordable rates.
- Especially great for non-town residents like those who live in Windward and Leeward Oahu where taxis and Uber are either not available or only available if you pay exorbitant rates.
Now is the time to try out DDH! They are now offering $40 one time pick ups for first time customers! Don’t drink and drive, call Designated Driver’s Hawaii. Keep the DDH phone number in your cell phones just in case you need them at (808) 247-0384 for 24/7 pickup.