One of my favorite places to eat on this entire island is Ted’s Bakery near Sunset Beach on the North Shore. I’ve been going to this place for years and years since it was a tiny hole in the wall and only open for breakfast and lunch. Since then the establishment has grown for the better by adding more seating areas, a coffee and smoothie bar, expanding their menu, and extending their hours into dinnertime. If you are ever in the north shore area past Waimea Bay and hungry, Ted’s Bakery is a mandatory stop. Here are a few reasons Why I Love Ted’s Bakery!
- Huge Portions of Delicious Food! Ted’s never skimps on the amount of food. They give heaping generous portions of food and even the combo plate lunches come with a FREE slice of pie. My favorites are the chicken katsu, mahimahi, and the loco moco, but pretty much anything on the menu is mouth watering. You will never walk away from Ted’s hungry, never!
- Ted’s CAKES! Yes, the cakes, not the pies are the best! For a pretty reasonable price you can get a huge cake like chocolate haupia, carrot cake, red velvet, or Chantilly just to name a few. You can pre-order or they usually have a large variety to choose from in the walk up coolers.
- Breakfast Sandwiches. Ted’s has delicious fresh baked bread rolls that they make their huge breakfast sandwiches from. I got hooked on this years ago. They are huge in size and also pretty reasonably priced. They come with egg, cheese, and choice meats like Portuguese sausage, bacon, or ham.
- The Rice is NOT Mushy. I am a huge rice snob and mushy squishy scoops of rice just ruin my plate lunch. I can always count on Ted’s for having really good white rice. Their spam musubis, which are usually sold out by 10 am are my favorite spam musubis on the island.
- Celebrity Sighting. If you hang out and eat at Ted’s long enough chances are you will see professional surfers or even random celebrities amongst the hoards of customers. If you don’t look closely you may not even recognize them in their board shorts, no shoes, and messy hair.